In October of 1946, First Presbyterian Church started a half day kindergarten program, one of the first in the state of West Virginia. Mrs. Julia O’Connor and nine other amazing directors set a foundation of excellence in education in downtown Charleston over the last 76 years. Since then, the kindergarten program of First Presbyterian Church has grown and changed into the program collectively known as First Presby Preschool, offering various programs to families of various needs. We give thanks to all of those who have served and supported the Preschool Ministry at First Presbyterian Church.
O’Conner-Francis-Taylor Endowment Fund
-25 years ago, the leadership of the Preschool at First Presbyterian Church recognized a need to create an endowment fund to provide scholarship funds, staff development opportunities, and needed equipment for the school. This movement provided the much needed funds we use today to give many children the opportunity to attend preschool who might not otherwise have the financial means to enroll.
Call the Preschool Office for details 681-205-1815.